Port of Argentia, a premier heavy industrial seaport, offers the following key features:
- 70 hectares paved runways dedicated to monopile marshalling port
- 40 hectares secure marine terminal with quayside storage yard
- Proposed 2500-hectare onshore wind powered, green fuels production facility
- Potential site for offshore pipe-spool base facility
- 3 km, ice-free, deep water harbour, with a wide turning basin
- over 630 metres/2000 feet of docking facilities with up to 11 metres/36 ft. draft
- Certified by Transport Canada as ISPS compliant
- Experienced stevedore crews trained in off-loading numerous types of cargo and certified to handle hazardous material, including explosives
- Competitive rates for berthage and wharfage fees
- Serves as a seasonal provincial entry/exit point to mainland Canada
Argentia can accept vessels up to 300 metres in length with up to 11-metre draft.
The Port and Dock Lands provides suitable facilities for containers, bulk and palletized cargo product types, heavy specialty items and a cold storage facility. There is sufficient land for a complete offshore marine supply base and monopile marshalling yard.