Port Facility Attendant (Temp/Call-In)
Port of Argentia, Argentia, NL
Port of Argentia Inc. (the Port), is a corporation registered under the laws of Newfoundland & Labrador with the mandate to provide effective stewardship of the seaport and industrial property at Argentia, NL. The Port is seeking to fill the Casual/Call-In position of Port Attendant.
The Port Attendant will assist the General Manager, Port Operations with duties relating to the safe and secure operation of the Port of Argentia.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- maintain a log of vehicle and equipment entries and exits
- provide direction to approved parking areas
- conduct boundary inspections
- lock and secure gates as directed
- perform dock inspections before and after sailings to identify and report on structural or other defects
- become familiar with Port operations and tenants
- Nights/Shift Work
- other duties as assigned.
The ideal applicant will
- must be 19 years of age
- be responsible
- possess good verbal and written communication skills
- flexibility to work a variable schedule
- have a minimal level of skill in general maintenance
- proficiency in computer software programs would be an asset
- Security Services Certificate would be an asset
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply to:
Port Attendant Recruitment
P.O. Box 95, 1 Augusta Ave.
Argentia, NL A0B 1W0
or by confidential email to: [email protected]